Hello all!
Hilo has a lot of gorgeous beach parks along the bay. Today my friends and I went to Richardson's to snorkel, explore, and relax. These beach parks are apparently the place to be on the weekend because it was packed! Many families were gathered under canopies, having picnics and enjoying the clear water. Richardson's is made of a partially protected cove, so it is a great place for swimming, snorkeling, and body boarding or surfing all in one. The snorkeling there was really great- I saw a large variety of fish, including angelfish, yellow tangs, parrot fish, and even a few Humuhumunukunukuapua'a, which is the Hawaii state fish. My friend even managed to find an octopus! Unfortunately, I have no pictures of the fish because I forgot my camera again, but I promise I'll remember it one day. Many of the beach parks also house areas where sea turtles can rest during the day away from the pounding waves. There is an area like this at Richardson's, and we were able to see 4 sea turtles! Of course, we kept a respectful distance and did not disturb them, but it was very cool to observe. See if you can spot them in the pictures below!
Hope you all are well :)







Comments

  1. Hi Kate,

    Thank you so much for maintaining your blog! The pictures you have shared are absolutely breathtaking. I am so glad to hear you have enjoyed exploring the beach parks. It is so neat you were able to snorkel over the weekend, and find so many different kinds of fish! I'm looking forward to reading more about your adventures in Hilo!

    Best,

    Corrie
    AE Peer Consultant

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog