Hello Everyone!
All of my midterms went well and so far my spring break has been relaxing- aside from the construction outside of my dorm :)
As you know, COVID-19 is a big issue right now. UH has elected to go online until April 13th. However, they are not closing campus and campus buildings and offices will remain open during the three weeks we are online. Thankfully, this does not affect me too greatly, as most of the classwork can easily be done online, but online learning will be new for me.
So far, there are only 10 confirmed cases in Hawaii, none of which are on the Big Island, so I'm safe for now. Thankfully, it is easy for me to practice social distancing for now because it is spring break and my friends aren't on campus this week. Social distancing is important not only to protect yourself, but to protect others that may be immunocompromised and that you may infect unknowingly. However, there are still many activities you can partake in while practicing social distancing, including home hobbies and outdoor activities such as running, biking, or just walking by yourself. The best way to protect yourself is to avoid touching your face (I'm guilty of this one) and to wash your hands with soap frequently and for at least 20 seconds each time. When I leave my dorm, I make sure to wash my hands prior to leaving and immediately upon my return to prevent the spread of infection.
Make sure you all are taking precautionary measures during this time (no, this does not mean panic buying!) and stay safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog